Saturday 1 April 2017

Marine Engineering Practice Series which deals in questions related to the troubleshooting of the ship machinery etc.


Marine Engineering Practice Series whichdeals in questions related to the troubleshootingof the ship machinery etc.

How will you come to know that EGB is leaking?
Abnormal decrease in Cascade tank water level
White smoke from funnel
Less production of Steam
Exhaust Gas temperature going low.
Rise in the level of soot collecting tank

How to check leakage in lube oil cooler shell and tubetype?

Tube leakage can result from corrosion. This can be checked for, or identified,
by having the shell side of the cooler circulated while the cooling water is shut
off and the end covers removed. Any seepage into the tubes will indicate the
leak. It is also possible to introduce fluorescent dyes into the shell side liquid:
any seepage will show under an ultraviolet light as a bright green glow.
Leaking tubes can be temporarily plugged at each end or removed and
replaced with a new tube.

Main Engine Crankcase inspection and what all checksto be done?

1) After the engine shutdown. Open doors after half hour
2) Start from the bottom. Check for any sign color change of lube oil. Search
for any metal particles etc.
3) Look towards the main bearing and see if any metal paste or particles are
coming.
4) Bottom bearing clearance can be checked here.
5) Then we can take clearance crank bearing.
6) Check for any loose bolts.
7) Check on crank pin for any signs of crack.
8) Check the condition of crosshead guides and their clearances.
9) Piston Rod needs to be checked for any signs of scoring or deep scratches.
10) Run the lubrication pump to see the flow of oil.

Pre bunkering and During Bunkering SafetiesPre bunkering:

1) High level Alarm of all fuel tanks has been checked.
2) Pre Bunker meeting has been carried out.
3) The required amount of SOPEP kit is placed near the bunker manifold.
4) All the deck scuppers have already been checked and plugged.
5) Flag on the Ships is hoisted.
6) Emergency phone numbers are displayed at desired location.
7) Bunker hose is in good condition and properly tightened.

During Bunkering

1) Mooring ropes and distance bunker barge from ship is well maintained.
2) Check on both sides, that no oil is visible on water.
3) Time to time sounding of tanks, manually.
4) At the end of bunkering, blow air from the bunkering hose to clean it.

What Inspections to be carried out in a Dry Dock of aShip?

1) Propeller inspections like cavitations and drop
2) Rudder, hull
3) All the sea outlet valves
4) Condition of Sea chest
5) All the Cathodes condition
6) Condition of Thrusters if any
What is the composition of inert gas in terms of
Percentage?
2-4%of Oxygen
.2-.4% of Sulphur dioxide
12-14%Carbon dioxide
80% Nitrogen
Function of Inducer, impeller, diffuser and volute
casing in Turbocharger
Function of inducer is to have sockless air flow at the entry of turbocharger.
Inducer is to convert the pressure energy into kinetic energy. Volute Casing as
name suggest, the air will come, and will get rotary motion through the
impeller of the blow and will be forced forward towards the diffuser. Diffuser
helps in converting the K.E at the inlet to P.E at inlet.

Reasons for oil coming out from water side in purifierand remedy?

1) Gravity disc problem
2) Sludge bowl not closing problem
3) Incorrect Rpm
4) Too much feed flow to the purifier.

1 comments:

  1. Loan Opportunity Offered By Mr, Benjamin That Save My Family From Financial Bondage {  247officedept@gmail.com  }

    Hello Everyone, I am Putri Adiratnaa single mom from Jakarta, I would like to share this great testimony on how I got a loan from Mr, Benjamin, when we were driven out of our home when I couldn't pay my bills anymore, After being scammed by various companies online and denied a loan from my bank and some other credit union I visited. My children were taken by the foster care, I was all alone in the street. The day i shamefully walked into an old school mate who introduced me to Daisy Maureen. At first I told her that I am not ready to take any risk of requesting a loan online anymore, but she assured me that I will receive my loan from them. On a second thought, due to my homelessness I had to take a trial and applied for the loan, luckily for me I received a loan of $80,000.00 from Mr, Benjamin. I'm happy I took the risk and applied for the loan. My kids have been given back to me and now I own a home and a business of my own. All thanks and gratitude goes to  the help of Mr, Benjamin for giving me a meaning to life when i had lost all hope. If you currently seeking for a loan assistance, you can contact them via: {247officedept@gmail.com    WhatsApp +1-989-394-3740.

    ReplyDelete